Our Opinion - 2022 Chevrolet Suburban Review
In situations where neither a minivan nor a Tahoe will do, this is the vehicle of choice for those who need to transport large groups of people or equipment. The Suburban is available with three different responsive powertrains from Chevrolet. Compared to the coil-sprung suspension that came standard on the Suburban, we were pleasantly surprised by the magnetic ride control & air suspension upgrades.
There’s plenty of legroom for even adults in the third row of the 2022 Suburban, making it a great option for long road trips. Compared to Ford Expedition competitors, we found the build quality to be a little lacking, but it wasn’t enough to detract from this SUV’s ability to carry out its mission.
- RST, Z71, & Premier trims feature a 6.2-liter V-8 engine.
- Z71 trims have an electronic limited-slip differential.
- The 12.3-inch digital instrument panel is standard on the LT and above trims.
- The Google Assistant
- Front and rear parking assistance is included in the standard package.
- Lane departure warning and lane keep assist are included in the standard package.
- a seatbelt reminder known as Buckle to Drive comes as standard
- There are up to 13 different camera angles available.
- Roomy interior
- Powertrains that are quick to respond
- Standard unrefined suspension
- The dingy interior
All-new for 2021, the eleventh Chevrolet Suburban is still on sale in 2022 with only minor updates. In contrast to the Silverado pickup truck, it has a completely independent rear suspension. For the new product year, Chevy added a regular digital gauge cluster to most trims and included some additional driver assistance technology.
The three engine options for the 2021 Chevy Suburban are the same as those for the Tahoe.
- 5.3-liter V-8 – automatic automatic transmission
- 355 hp and 383 pound weight of torque are available.
- 8300 pounds (RWD) and 8,100 pounds (FWD) (4WD)
- Ten-speed automatic transmission – 6.2-liter V-8
- 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque are available.
- 8200 pounds (RWD) and 7,900 pounds (FWD) (4WD)
- 3.0-liter turbodiesel engine and automatic transmission I-6 10-speed automatic
- 277 hp / 460 lb-ft of torque
As a result of its performance in frontal and side crash tests, as well as a rollover test that only received three stars, the 2022 Chevy Suburban received an overall NHTSA safety rating of four stars.
In addition with forward automatic braking, pedestrian detection, fully automated high beams, and a following distance indicator, it also comes with automatic emergency braking as standard equipment. This year’s model includes front and rear park assist, as well as traffic maintaining assist with lane departure.
41.5 cubic meters of cargo room behind the third line, 93.8 cubic feet behind second row and 144.7 cubic feet behind first row are available in the 2022 Chevy Suburban model. Compared to the Tahoe, the Suburban offers significantly more space. The second, third, and fourth rows of the smaller stablemate each have 25.5, 72.6, & 122.9 cubic inches of cargo space.
Ford Expedition Max is the main competitor to the Suburban in terms of interior space.
Behind The First/Second/Third Row Cargo Space:
- 144,7/93,8/41.5 cubic feet for the suburbs in 2022
- 121.5/73.3/34.3 cubic feet of space in the 2022 Expedition Max
First, Second, And Third Row Legroom:
- 45.5/42/36.7 inches for the 2022 Suburban
- 2022 Expedition Max: 43.9/41.5/31.16 inches in diameter
The 12.3-inch digital instrument panel is now standard on the LT and higher trim levels of the Chevrolet Suburban 2022. There are analogue gauges and a 4.2-inch information screen on the base LS models The standard 10.2-inch infotainment screen in the Suburban is compatible with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
It is possible to use voice recognition via Google to modify preferences, such as heating and air-conditioning, as well as to control entertainment systems. The Suburban comes standard with a nine-speaker audio system, but the Premier & High Country trims come standard with a 10-speaker Bose system, as well as a navigation system.
The LT trim level of the 2022 Chevy Suburban will come equipped with built-in Google functionality as standard. It gives you access to Google Home voice control, Google Maps, & Google Play facilities and apps.. It’s compatible with both Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, so drivers can use their voice or the buttons on the wheel to control their car’s infotainment system.
Mobile phone calls and texts, audio volume, AM/FM broadcast, SiriusXM, GPS navigation, & climate control can all be controlled by Google. Chevrolet intends to make its vehicles more Google-compatible in the future.
For the 2022 Chevrolet Suburban, the magnetic ride control and optional air suspension are our top picks for suspension. This combo is conventional on the Back Country trim, which would be curiously our suggested trim for the full 3 SUV. With the most luxurious ride configuration and a slew of features, the top-of-the-line Suburban goes above and beyond the competition.
Among the standard features are a 15.0-inch head-up display, a rear camera mirror, a pedestrian alert on the back, and a 360-degree camera setup. Additionally, Chevrolet adds the Headphone 10-speaker system and a slew of other features that come standard on the Premier trim. If you’re buying a Suburban, you can go all out on the options.
- The Ford Expedition.
- The GMC Yukon
- Sedan based on the Sequoia Toyota
- The Armada is a Nissan model.
- This vehicle is a Dodge Durango